Search for Common Ground's US offices are closed on Monday 19 January 2015 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Requests received during this time intended for US-based staffers will be answered on 20 January, unless urgent.
A while back, we launched our new Password Portal, which allows each of you to be able to log in and change your password 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. WIth the password policy, you will need to change your password at certain intervals. You'll get an email with a warning when you have 14 days to go, and then an additional email each day until you change it. So, how do you do that?
To watch a video that walks you through this procedure, click the box on the right.
But, if you want written directions, keep reading below for a guide with screenshots.
1. If you know your password and just want to change it, log on to https://password.sfcg.org. Log in with your user name (without the @sfcg.org), and your current password in the box on the left.
2. If this is the first time you are logging in, you will see this pop up to sign up for self-service. Click on 'Click Here' to advance to the next screen.
3. In order to set up self-service, you will need to see your answers to three different security questions. Two of them can be selected (in English or French) with the drop down boxes. The third is a question you make up and answer. Click on 'Enroll' to continue.
4. Here's where you change your password. Remember:
The password you select must meet the following requirements:
It must be a minimum of 10 characters.
It must have two special characters (!@#$%, etc.).
It must use both lower and upper case letters.
It can't be the same as your previous passwords..
Spaces are OK. It might help to use a space to create a phrase; see below.
The Password strength meter will tell you when you have one that fits. Click 'OK' to finish.
5. You should receive an email like this one to let you know that your password change has been successful. You should then begin using your new password immediately.
If you don't know your password and need to reset it, go tohttps://password.sfcg.org and select the 'Reset Password' link in the center. If you have previously used the Password Portal, you will be able to reset your password via this method.
As always, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
While all efforts will be taken to ensure that sensitive data contained in tickets and other requests will be handled with both privacy and care as appropriate, information on tickets can be accessed by system agents via searches and other means in the course of day-to-day work and as required by SFCG policy. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.