Every DC-hired staffer, and others as required by Finance, need to complete their timesheets on the 15th and the last day of each month.
To do it, follow these steps
Click on any screenshot for a better view.
1. Click on the Timesheets link; the link is on the top left hand corner of the screen. If you do not have this link in your navigation, or are getting Access Denied messages, please click here and select 'Finance' as the department and 'Timesheets Questions' as the category to submit an access request.
2. Select 'Create Timesheet' to begin a new timesheet. If you need to view or edit previous timesheets, click on the glasses icon (to view), and the pencil icon (to edit). You will not be able to edit any timesheet older than 3 months back.
3. If you have filled out timesheets in the past, you will receive a prompt to base your new timesheet off of your previous one. In most cases, you can click 'Yes' here, but if there are substantial changes needed, 'No', which will give you a blank timesheet, may be the better choice.
4. As you complete the timesheet, select items like your account code and vacation, or sick time, from the left hand drop down, and then the specific full code just to the right of it. Enter the appropriate hours for that day. Your current leave amount will be shown below.
5. Once you are happy with it, you can submit your timesheet for your supervisor's approval just below your hourly breakdown. If you wish to save it for later, you can select 'Save' right next to it, but make sure you submit it as soon after the end of each pay period as possible.
For more information on timesheets, you can view the official Finance policy here.