Email is a necessity for most of us. We use it to stay in touch with colleagues and friends, keep up with the latest news, manage to-dos at home or at work—we just can’t live without it (no matter how hard we try). Google has made some major improvements to Gmail on the web to help people be more productive at work. The Global IT team would love to share them with you and invite you to give them a try. Here’s a quick look:
- Overall new look and feel: The fonts and graphics have been updated, the text is now a bit bigger and easier to interact with.
- Quickly take action: Archive, Delete, snooze, or even view attachments without having to open the message.
- Customize your inbox view: Expand or shrink the size of the inbox window, show or hide the menu
- More info on your screen: View your tasks or calendar directly on the right hand side of the inbox.
- New Offline Mode: Google is retiring the old version of Offline, which was an extra window in a different format from normal Gmail. Now, when you are offline, you can use Gmail normally and messages will sync when you reconnect.
- COMING SOON: Gmail is releasing a confidential mode, which allows you to set expiry dates, require a SMS passcode, and/or prevent forwarding/copying/etc of emails. This isn't active yet, but will be very soon.
For more information on all of the new Gmail features, check out this link from Google.
So how do I get it?
To activate the new Gmail, click on the settings icon in the top right hand corner.
Decide you don't like it and aren't ready to make the switch just yet?
Of course, eventually, this will become the standard for Gmail, but for now, you can switch back and forth based on your personal preference. Any Searcher can access the new Gmail!